Friday, October 2, 2009

Not bad!!!

A few things:

- Things are going pretty well. I think I've found a good way to eat my calories during a day - big breakfast, big lunch, light dinner. It works well for me. The only tough thing is that I sometimes have to make myself a dinner separate from what the rest of the family is eating. That can be tough, and annoying at times. But it's worth it!!!

- I've lost 5 pounds since I started! WOO HOO!!! Not bad. That is really encouraging!

- I am struggling a bit with exercise. Doing that one hour tape takes, well, an hour. And I feel that all I do in day is eat, exercise and shower. I found some 10 min instructional videos that are not bad, and let me easily take it to a higher level. Thanks to my AppleTV, I can watch the Youtube vids and do the exercise in my living room rather than in my tiny little office. :) I feel like 10 min is not enough, and I end up adding other exercises to the vids, which is good, but ends up taking more than an hour. I love doing the one hour tape exercise thing, I really do, it's great for my entire body!!! It just takes so much time. I know full well that taking care of myself requires I take the time for it. And I intend on doing it. I'm just struggling with how to organize my schedule right now. But I'll figure it out.

- I went shopping today, and didn't have time to have breakfast at home before I left. I came back after lunch, too. It can be sooooooooooooo tough to eat well when you are out and about. But I'm proud of myself! I had a breakfast sandwhich at Tim Horton's (http://www.timhortons.com/ca/en/menu/nutrition-calculator.html) - 440 cal later, it was not just carbs and fat. I manage to get a bit of vegetable matter in there with the tomatoes and romaine lettuce. With a multigrain bagel, eggs and bacon for proteins (I remove the cheese so in fact the calorie count is probably lower), a green tea to complete, I think I did pretty good!!! I was very proud.

Then it got much tougher for lunch. I was on the run so I did not have time to stop and get a salad at a restaurant or something like that. So I stopped at my very favorite snack place - Yogen Fruz (http://www.yogenfruz.com). I LOVE LOVE LOVE that canadian company. Anyway, I got a fruit smoothie which I boosted by adding some protein powder to. It was YUMMY, low cal, low fat and relatively satisfying.

Of course that doesn't make for a very big lunch, so when I got home, I got a snack, and I think things are going pretty well for today.

I actually may do this more often. I have felt for the last few days that I eat a whole damn lot between breakfast and dinner. Granted about 3/4 of my daily calories go into those two meals. But I feel like I'm eating SO MUCH. I end up eating dinner late, probably too late, which is no better than snacking at night.

With how today went - big breakfast, light lunch, good size snack - I feel like my eating has been spread out better before dinner. I know I'll be hungry for dinner at a reasonable time, as oppose to late in the evening.

Anyway... Food for thoughts! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment