Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Loosing weight vs firming up

I've measured my waist line today. 34 in (86cm). Not bad. I was then compelled to calculate my BMI (Body Mass Index). A healthy range for someone my height is between 18 and 25. I'm currently at 22.9. Again, not bad.

Really, at my weight, my BMI, my age... I'm doing pretty good as far as staying in a healthy weight range.

That made me realize that what I really want is not so much loose weight - I don't really care about the numbers on the scale. What I really want to do is firm up, tone up, get myself back into shape. I want some muscle tone and no dangling tricpes on my arms. I want my tennis legs back. I want my belly to look half way decent (with two pregnancy, one of which ended in a c-section, delivering a 10+ pound baby, my belly will never look like I'm 20 again).

Mainly, I want to feel energize and good about myself.

I'm never going to be perfect. None of us are! And I know that. That's not my goal. Really, all I want is to feel good.

Already, after 2 weeks of watching what I eat and doing daily exercise, I'm already feeling much better. I feel I've got more energy, I feel more confident in myself and how I look, even if external changes are not yet there to see.

Isn't it strange that exercise does that to me?

I find all of this highly encouraging, and it makes me want to keep on going.

No comments:

Post a Comment