Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Aille aille aille...

Can chasing a 4 month old kitten who escaped outside be considered exercising? Can lifting two 11k (roughly 22 lbs each) boxes of cat litter, carrying them through the store, to the car, inside the house, down the stairs considered exercising? What about vacuuming? Believe me, with the curious 4 month old kitten we have, it's quite a challenge.

I love my cats to death, but the biggest con to having cats is definitely changing and cleaning the cat litter.

But back to this back in shape bootcamp business. My legs are still sore. Man they hurt. And you can ask anyone who knows me, I'm no wuss. If I say it hurts, it really fucking hurts. It's a bit better than it was yesterday, but I'm still sore like crazy. Which totally reinforces for me how badly I needed to take care of my body. How out of shape I really am in. If I am THAT sore after doing only an hour of video taped exercising, it was more than time for me to get back to doing regular exercise again.

I use to play ultimate frisbee once a week. I have been playing year round for 6 years. Last winter was the first season I had not played. And of course this spring and summer were totally crazy, so I did not play either. I miss it. I love doing exercise, but I LOVE LOVE LOVE playing sports. Before children, I played ice hockey for 7 years. God I loved it. I miss it like crazy. I had a chance to be part of team this fll, but the team was full, so no spot for me. I was disappointed, but it's all for the best. Seeing how sore I am today, 2 days after starting this bootcamp... I'm not sure how I would have handled playing ice hockey every week, at least not in the beginning. I do hope I'll be able to be an assistant coach for my youngest hockey team. That will mean being on the ice once a week for practice with them. I've been coaching his team the last two years. That was absolutely amazing.

This whole thing also made me realize - I'm old. Ok, 36, almost 37, is not old. But I'm OLDER than I was. My body's older. I realized I can't do what I've always done, which is go head first and full board with whatever I want to do. I need to take my time more with this exercising thing. My legs are paying dearly today for my over eagerness.

Today will be light exercises again. No I'm not already giving up. No I'm not throwing in the towel. I promise all of you 2 and a half readers (I'm the half) that I am really committed to this, and that tomorrow, I'll do that hour bootcamp tape again. But I need to let my body rest up a bit more today.

No comments:

Post a Comment